Every student is advised to read and know the Examination, grading and assessment methods
Internal Assessment Methods
Each semester shall have an internal assessment for 25 Marks.
- Internal Assessment is done based on Assignment/ Project, Attendance, Class Initiatives and Punctuality.
- Minimum for passing Internal Examination is 40 Percent.
- Students who score less than 40 % in IA, should resubmit the assignment/project in the next semester.
Marks Distribution (IA)
|Project / Assignment||Attendance||Class Initiatives & Punctuality|
|15 Marks||95 – 100%||5 Marks||15 Marks|
|90 – 95%||4 Marks|
|85 – 90%||3 Marks|
|80 – 85%||2 Marks|
|75 – 80%||1 Marks|
External Assessment Methods
- At the end of each semester there shall be a University Examination for 75 Marks.
- There shall be Theory and Practical exam as per the program Structure.
- University Examination of 75 Marks shall be divided into 40% (30 Marks) and 60% (45 Marks) respectively for Theory and Practical.
- Minimum percentage for passing University Examination is 40% for Theory / Practical.
- Students who score less than 40% in EA should rewrite the exam in the next semester.
|Letter Grade (%)||Qualitative Level||Point Grade||Percent|
|A||Excellent||5||80% and Above|
|B||Very Good||4||60 – 79.9%|
|C||Good||3||50 – 59.9%|
|D||Satisfactory||2||35 – 49.9%|
|75 % and Above||Distinction|
|60 % and below 75 %||First Class|
|50 % and below 65 %||Second Class|
|35 % and below 50 %||Third Class|
|Less than 35 %||Fail|
|More than two papers||1500/-|